Few things take such as central of a role in the life of a church as the worship music. We understand that worship is much larger than music, but in our culture, music is a primary means of expressing praise to God and being shaped by the truths of the gospel. For this reason, the Music Pastor is a central and important role in the life of Emmaus Road Church. Emmaus Road is seeking a talented and passionate music pastor to help lead us in worship each week.
- Musically talented
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative
- Ability to develop and lead teams
- Strong computer & tech skills
- Growing relationship with God
- Strong desire to see the community of Emmaus Road be shaped by worship & liturgy
- Clearance of criminal background check
- Lead our congregation and your teams in participating in and understanding worship.
- Create a culture of expressive worship at Emmaus Road.
- Help our congregation experience the beauty and depth of gospel-shaped liturgy by creatively planning worship services according the our five-fold pattern of worship.
- Cast a musical vision for Emmaus Road by answering the question, “What does Emmaus Road sound like?”
- Plan weekly and seasonal worship services, in concert with the Pastor.
- Plan and lead weekly worship team rehearsals.
- Oversee the worship team & Sunday morning worship service.
- Build the worship team through volunteer recruitment.
- Oversee application & audition process for vocalists & instrumentalists.
- Schedule worship team volunteers for each Sunday (and special services) using Planning Center Online Services.
- Call volunteers to a high standard of excellence & demonstrate excellence in leadership.
- Move the worship team forward in musicality and the art of leading worship.
- Create necessary training and orientation documents.
- Be aware of stage and visual elements and worship service transitions to create a seamless, gospel-centered worship liturgy.
- Oversee the audio/visual (A/V) team & A/V equipment.
- Build your team through volunteer recruitment.
- Schedule A/V volunteers for each Sunday (and special services) using Planning Center Online Services.
- Implement training system for A/V volunteers.
- Oversee the quality of sound in the “house” and address any issues.
- Maintain all A/V equipment. Determine need for equipment repair or replacement.
- Edit weekly sermon podcast and post to our website.
- Communicate clear expectations to all volunteers under your leadership.
- Pastor volunteers through prayer support, encouragement, teaching, and vision casting.
- Manage worship budget.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings. Serve on the Ministry Leadership Team. Periodically report to the church board.
- Other roles as the Lead Pastor assigns.
- 20 hrs. / week